The tree ferns keep growing

You must be fed up to the back teeth of me going on about these damn tree ferns, so after this post I might give it a rest for a week or so. But I just had to tell you that they. Are. Enormous.

I mean I knew they were going to be a fair size just judging by the size of the trunks, but those fronds have grown, and grown.

So I'm torn between jubilation and relief. Jubilation because they are everything I expected them to be and more. Relief because for a couple of weeks there after they first arrived, I was half thinking that I'd just planted two lumps of wood, and had drawn up a contingency plan to carve a couple of faces in them and turn them into a feature.

All that is in the past now they are flourishing in a 10,000bc manner. Thanks to the irrigation system (see previous post) they even have their own water supply now. Just in time for the winter to do its worst.

I can't take my eyes off things, even as I write this I keep looking down at the garden and thinking "yes!"

Comments

Popular Posts