This is the garden, nine years on



What's a few years between friends? How about nine of them? I'm astonished it's been that long since I last posted on this blog and like a neglected garden I realise I have a lot to do to bring this blog up to speed.

A lot has happened, believe me. Now, looking at these posts, I realise just how much. Our garden is the same, but entirely different. Plants have come, gone and my, how they've grown. Remember the fan palm I cut out of its tin pot? It's about ten feet tall now.

Look at me, writing as if someone is still likely to read this.



The most recent development is the repointing of the patio, which has reinvigorated the entire space. If you have an old, crumbling crazy-paving patio, I would heartily recommend getting a bag of jointing mortar and doing the same yourself. As you can see, you'll end up with something that looks as if it belongs on a terrace in Mallorca, and all for £6 and some elbow grease. The trick, as I have discovered, is to work slowly and brush the wet mortar in with a soft hand brush dipped in a bucket of water as you go. It isn't even hard work really. Clearing the weeds and moss and jetwashing the whole thing first is, though.

Here's a few of my most recent images. Over the next few weeks I'll be posting a few that should help to at least partially fill the gaps.





Comments

Popular Posts