Winter wonderland










I have no idea what the garden will look like when all the snow has gone. as you might expect, the lillys, gingers and bananas have all taken the whole episode very badly. It's no exageration to say that they have been soundly finished off.

I also had my doubts about the bamboos after that became flattened by the weight of snow, but they seem to have regained their loftiness after a bit of a shake.

The tree ferns are anyone's guess, They have hay in the crowns and I tried to wrap some fleece around them which, apart from digging them up and dragging them into the living room, was really all I could do.

On the plus side, I got some great pictures.

Comments

  1. Oh these pictures remind me of my garden last year. Beautiful but deadly. My bamboo recovered once the snow and ice melted and the banana regrew from the ground. I wish you the best! It is always so sad to loose plants that you love and have cared for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts