The Goddess of the bushes: The Accident

So we must have had the Goddess of the Bushes (see previous post) all of a few days before I arrived home to a scene of devastation.

There she was, toppled from her place between the bamboo and the forsythia, her face smashed in and her arms broken. It seemed like all was lost.

The cause of this catastrophe will forever be a matter for debate. I maintain that the wind would not have been able to blow her over, even though she fell over around the time of a huge storm. Granted, I neglected to give her a solid base, choosing instead to simply plonk her in the position I deemed suitable, which happened to be on an incline with the patio at the bottom of it.

All the same I put it down to next door's cat. It has been terrorrising the birds and crapping in the garden since it arrived and I've seen it dart past the Goddess on more than one occassion.

Whatever, the task that lay before us was one an archeologist would have been proud of as we attempted to make sense of the pieces of resin that once made up her lovely face.

Comments

Popular Posts